witch of Agnesinoun phrase
Definition of witch of Agnesi
: a plane cubic curve that is symmetric about the y-axis and approaches the x-axis as an asymptote and that has the equation x2y = 4a2(2a − y)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game