wish awayphrasal verb
wished away; wishing away; wishes away
Definition of wish away
: to cause (something) to stop or go away just by wanting it to stop or go away You can't just wish your problems away.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game