Definition of wire stem
: a disease of cabbage, cauliflower, and related plants that is caused by a fungus (Pellicularia filamentosa) and is similar to damping-off but attacks older seedlings and produces a constricted wiry stem
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game