Definition of wire drag
: a wire usually several thousand feet in length, maintained horizontally at any desired depth by means of attached weights, buoyed at intervals, towed by a power boat at each end, and used to locate submerged obstructions projecting above the depth at which it is set
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?