wipe downphrasal verb
wiped down; wiping down; wipes down
Definition of wipe down
: to clean (a surface) by rubbing it with a cloth He wiped down the counters with a wet cloth. I wiped the car down with a towel.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game