wipe (something) cleanidiom
Definition of wipe (something) clean
1 : to clean (something) by wiping I wiped the table clean.
2 : to completely remove something from (something) : to remove everything from (something) —usually used as (be) wiped clean After the accident, his memory of the day was wiped clean.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game