wipe (something) cleanidiom
Definition of wipe (something) clean
1 : to clean (something) by wiping I wiped the table clean.
2 : to completely remove something from (something) : to remove everything from (something) —usually used as (be) wiped clean After the accident, his memory of the day was wiped clean.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game