wipe (someone or something) off the face of the earthidiom
Definition of wipe (someone or something) off the face of the earth
: to destroy (someone or something) completely Their enemies have vowed to wipe them off the face of the earth.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?