Definition of wind machine
1 : a machine for creating an artificial wind: such as
a : a machine for creating a blast of air on a theatrical stage
b : a large fan used to circulate air in an orchard to prevent frost damage
2 : a device used for imitating the sound of the wind (as in a theater)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?