wild red currantnoun
Definition of wild red currant
1 : a straggling or reclining shrub (Ribes triste) with branches often rooting and purplish to smoke-colored flowers
2 : a red-fruited southern African shrub or tree of the genus Rhus (especially R. laevegata)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game