Definition of wild hyacinth
: any of several plants with flowers suggestive of hyacinths: such as
a : a camas (Camassia scilloides) of eastern North America with white or bluish racemose flowers
c : any of several western North American herbs (genus Brodiaea) of the lily family with grasslike basal leaves and variously colored flowers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?