Definition of wild gooseberry
1 : any of several plants of the genus Ribes especially : a common North American spiny shrub (R. cynosbati) with racemose green flowers and bitter bristly green fruit
2 : the fruit of a wild gooseberry
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game