wild black currantnoun
Definition of wild black currant
: any of several uncultivated black-fruited currants especially : an unarmed North American shrub (Ribes americanum) with racemose greenish yellow flowers and black smooth fruit
— called also flowering currant
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game