Start your free trial today and get unlimited access to America's largest dictionary, with:
- More than 250,000 words that aren't in our free dictionary
- Expanded definitions, etymologies, and usage notes
- Advanced search features
- Ad free!
Definition of wigger
- Wimsatt was deeply committed to hip-hop's transformative powers, going so far as to embrace the status of the lowly “wigger,” a pejorative term popularized in the early 1990s to describe white kids who steep themselves in black culture.
- —Hua Hsu, The Atlantic, 1 Jan 2009
- There's a term of art—“wigger”—that is used both proudly and derisively to describe white enthusiasts of black hip-hop culture …
- —Hank Stuever, Washington Post, 30 Jan. 2010
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up wigger? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).