a whole lotidiom (1)
Definition of a whole lot
(Entry 1 of 2)
: very much Things are looking a whole lot brighter now.
a whole lot ofidiom (2)
Definition of a whole lot of (Entry 2 of 2)
: a large amount of : very much He doesn't seem to have a whole lot of respect for other people's feelings.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game