the whole enchiladanoun
Definition of the whole enchilada
: the entire thing : everything The celebration included music, food, fireworks—the whole enchilada. The team has a good chance in the playoffs and may win the whole enchilada this year.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?