Definition of white-chinned petrel
: a large petrel (Procellaria aequinoctialis) of southern oceans that is all black except for a white mark on the chin and often extended on to the face
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game