Definition of white tamarind
1 : a timber tree (Acacia glomerosa) of Mexico and Central America
2 : the hard heavy tough elastic straight-grained nearly white wood of the white tamarind that is used especially for floors, joinery, and tool handles
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?