Definition of white spot
1 : any of several diseases of plants marked by light-colored lesions: such as
a : a disease of alfalfa characterized by spotting and yellowing of the foliage and caused by an unbalanced water supply (as from heavy rainfall following a drought)
b : heat canker
c : a disease of turnips caused by a fungus (Cercosporella brassicae)
2 : ich —usually used in plural
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game