white pond lilynoun
Definition of white pond lily
: any of several white-flowered water lilies especially : a common North American water lily (Nymphaea odorata) with very fragrant white flowers and rhizomes sometimes used as an astringent
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game