Definition of white pine
1a : a tall-growing pine (Pinus strobus) of eastern North America with long needles in clusters of five
— called also eastern white pine
b : any of several pines that resemble the white pine especially in having needles in bundles of five
2 : the wood of a white pine and especially of the eastern white pine
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game