Definition of white ibis
1 : an ibis (Eudocimus albus) of tropical America and the southern U.S. having white plumage with the wings tipped with black
2 : an Asiatic ibis (Threskiornis melanocephala) having the plumage chiefly white and the bare skin of head and neck blue-black
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?