Definition of white crop
: a crop of grain (as wheat, rye, barley, or oats) that loses its green color or becomes white in ripening as distinguished from a green crop or a root crop
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game