Definition of whipcrack
: the cracking of a whip also : a sound resembling the crack of a whip the hollow rising hum of skis … ended in the tiny furious whipcracks of flapping pants as the jumper became airborne — Newsweek
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?