whip upphrasal verb
Definition of whip up
1 : to excite (someone or something) : to cause (someone or something) to feel strong emotions about something His speech whipped up the crowd.
2 informal : to cause or create (something) She was trying to whip up some enthusiasm.
3 informal : to produce or prepare (a meal) very quickly I can whip a meal up in no time.
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game