whip upphrasal verb
whipped up; whipping up; whips up
Definition of whip up
1 : to excite (someone or something) : to cause (someone or something) to feel strong emotions about something His speech whipped up the crowd.
2 informal : to cause or create (something) She was trying to whip up some enthusiasm.
3 informal : to produce or prepare (a meal) very quickly I can whip a meal up in no time.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game