Definition of whip graft
1 or whip and tongue graft : a plant graft made by interlocking a small tongue and notch in the obliquely cut base of the scion with corresponding cuts in the stock
— called also tongue graft
2 : splice graft
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game