Definition of whiny
- a whiny voice
- "So What'cha Want," despite its jittery organ, whiny guitar, and distorted vocals, turned out to be one of the least predictable-sounding hit singles of recent years.
- —Alan Light
- whiny children
- Their whiny, even beggarly tone was hardly the supremely confident sound of the American Century.
- —Sidney Blumenthal
- … offering little more than a whiny list of grievances …
- —Linda Chavez
- In this conversational memoir, Nancy comes across as honest, if a little whiny, and a major-league worrier.
- —Ilene Cooper
- A few years ago, thirtysomething was widely reviled for encouraging the yuppie ethos of materialism and whininess.
- —Mark Harris
- … I heard something, a certain whininess in his voice, maybe, that led me to conclude that I wasn't about to get a pasting …
- —Nick Hornby