what/who should someone see butidiom
Definition of what/who should someone see but
—used to say that someone is surprised to see something or someone I looked up and what should I see but a hummingbird right over my head.They were walking along when who should they see but Kim!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game