what's the difference?idiom
Definition of what's the difference?
1 —used to ask how one thing is different from another "I like this one a lot more than that one." "Why? What's the difference (between them)?"
2 or what difference does it/that make? —used to ask why something is important or to suggest that something is not important What's the difference whether I go or not?What difference does it make if I go with you?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?