what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the ganderidiom
Definition of what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander
—used to say that one person or situation should be treated the same way that another person or situation is treated If he can go out with his friends at night, then she should be able to, too. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game