what's good for the goose is good for the ganderidiom
Definition of what's good for the goose is good for the gander
—used to say that one person or situation should be treated the same way that another person or situation is treated If he can go out with his friends at night, then she should be able to, too. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game