what's (all) this/that in aid of?idiom
Definition of what's (all) this/that in aid of?
—used to ask about the purpose of something "What's all this rushing about in aid of, then?" "We're trying to get things ready for the boss's visit."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?