what (someone) says goesidiom (1)
Definition of what (someone) says goes
(Entry 1 of 2)
: people have to do what (someone) requires or demands What she says goes. She's the boss.
what someone says goesidiom (2)
Definition of what someone says goes (Entry 2 of 2)
—used to say that everyone else has to do what a person tells them to do She's the boss. What she says goes!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game