what someone doesn't know can't/won't hurt him/heridiom
Definition of what someone doesn't know can't/won't hurt him/her
—used to say that if someone does not know about something, he or she cannot be damaged by it, blamed for it, etc.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game