what makes (someone) tickidiom
Definition of what makes (someone) tick
: the things that cause someone to behave a certain way : the feelings, opinions, concerns, etc., that are parts of someone's personality I've always wondered what makes people like that tick.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game