variants: or western yellow blight
Definition of western tomato blight
: a disease of the tomato that is common west of the Rocky mountains and is caused by the curly top virus of sugar beets and transmitted by the beet leafhopper but produces entirely different effects from typical curly top (as yellowing of foliage sometimes with some purple coloration, premature ripening of the fruit, or rigidity of the foliage)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game