western diamond rattlesnakenoun
variants: or western diamondback
Definition of western diamond rattlesnake
: a large and notably venomous rattlesnake (Crotalus atrox) of dry areas of the southwestern U.S. and adjacent Mexico with a predominantly grayish to buffy ground, large light-margined rhomboid to diamond-shaped blotches on the back, and a black and white ringed tail
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game