went in; gone in; going in; goes in
Definition of go in
1 : to make an approach (as in attacking)
2a : to take part in a game or contest
b : to call the opening bet in poker : stay
3 of a celestial body : to become obscured by a cloud
4 : to form a union or alliance : join —often used with with asked us to go in with them
go in for
1 : to give support to : advocate
2 : to have or show an interest in or a liking for
3 : to engage in : take part in
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Registering the Politics of 'Register'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/11/19
- Minding 'Never mind' and 'Nevermind'
- A Brief on 'Brief' and 'Debrief'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game