wean from/offphrasal verb
weaned from/off; weaning from/off; weans from/off
Definition of wean from/off
: to make (someone or something) stop doing or using (something) efforts to wean the country from its dependence on foreign oil I'm gradually weaning myself off cigarettes.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?