variants: or wax end
Definition of waxed end
: a thread formed of a number of filaments rubbed with shoemaker's wax, usually pointed with a bristle, and used in sewing leather in which holes have been made (as in shoemaking)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?