Definition of wax spray
: a spray or dip of melted paraffin, paraffin emulsion, or a similar material applied to plants in leaf to reduce transpiration after transplanting, to dormant shrubs (as roses) to prevent drying when on display or out of the ground for some other reason, and to cut flowers and root vegetables to prevent wilting
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game