Definition of wave winding
: an armature winding in which the coils are laid in two layers and follow each other on the surface of the armature in the form of waves with the coils being so connected in series that there are only two paths for the flow of current whatever the number of poles in the machine
— called also series winding— compare lap winding, ring winding
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?