wave (someone or something) throughphrasal verb
waved (someone or something) through; waving (someone or something) through; waves (someone or something) through
Definition of wave (someone or something) through
: to move one's hand in a way that tells someone to continue moving through a particular area The traffic cop waved cars through.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?