Definition of waterwood
1 : a West Indian tree (Chimarrhis cymosa) of the family Rubiaceae with greenish white flowers
2 : a Central American mangrove (Cassipourea elliptica) with hairy white flowers
3 : a southern African tree (Syzygium cordatum) of the family Myrtaceae having light easily worked wood that is used for flooring and joinery
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game