Definition of watermark disease
: a disease of willows and especially the cricket-bat willow (Salix alba caerulea) in England in which a bacterium (Erwinia salicis) invades the vessels and causes wilting and browning of the leaves and a brown watery stain of the wood
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?