Definition of watering-pot shell
: any of several marine bivalve mollusks (genus Brechites) having small valves consolidated with a capacious calcareous tube which encases the entire animal and is closed at the anterior end by a convex disk perforated by many pores like the nozzle of a watering pot also : the shell of such a mollusk
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game