Definition of watering-pot shell
: any of several marine bivalve mollusks (genus Brechites) having small valves consolidated with a capacious calcareous tube which encases the entire animal and is closed at the anterior end by a convex disk perforated by many pores like the nozzle of a watering pot also : the shell of such a mollusk
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?