Definition of water tender
1a : a workman who attends to the condition of the water in steam boilers
b : a petty officer (as in the U.S. Navy) in charge in a fireroom and responsible especially for proper supplying of water to the boilers and adjustment of burners
2 : a truck equipped with a water tank and used especially in firefighting
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game