Definition of water spot
: any or several diseases of fruits characterized by water-soaked lesions especially : a physiological disorder of citrus fruits which occurs during the rainy season and in which the air spaces under the epidermis of the rind become filled with liquid
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?