Definition of water soldier
1 : a European aquatic plant (Stratiotes aloides) of the family Hydrocharitaceae with bayonet-shaped leaves that are submerged in the vegetative stage and float in the flowering stage
2 : a water lettuce (Pistia stratiotes)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?