Definition of water requirement
: the ratio of the weight of water absorbed during the growth of a plant to the dry matter produced often expressed as the number of grams of water taken up per gram of dry weight of plant product
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game