Definition of water pepper
: an annual European smartweed (Polygonum hydropiper) of moist soils with extremely acrid peppery juice that is naturalized in North America also : a related American perennial (P. hydropiperoides) with mildly acrid juice
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game